- To assist in extending health and sanitation facilities including promotion and establishment of hospital, health care center and eye care center for the benefit of the poor, disadvantage and indigenous people.
- To provide training to the poor and underprivileged people especially women for increasing their capability.
- To increase agriculture and aquaculture production through farmers training, seed production and awareness raising on climate change.
- To organize health camps, eye camps, conference, seminars, workshop to sensitize public for eye care, prevention of eye related diseases, other health services and for benefit of poor and neglected community.
- To provide micro credits support to the target people for income generating activities and house building.
- To empower women by assisting production and marketing of handicraft.
- To promote new technology in any production, marketing, storage, processing and other business for future sustainability.
- To help raise consciousness among disadvantaged, poor and indigenous people about the prevailing social system and their position in the Society.
- To increase literacy rate through providing non-formal education to the illiterate target people.
- To ensure emergency support and create awareness during natural disaster.
- To conduct research and development program for the social development especially for the vulnerable women and children.
- To assist in developing and implementing ESP based programs including HIV/AIDS.
- To make people aware about the environment and to act to reduce the pollution level.
- To promote human rights of poor and underprivileged people.
- To make people aware on tobacco use, disaster prevention, women and child trafficking prevention, early marriage etc.
Prova Society was formed with a group of dedicated and like-minded people in Jhenidah district headed by Enamul Kabir. It is a non-profit, non-political and non-governmental voluntary organization. Prova Society has been working since its inception in 1994 in the field of health, education, water, sanitation, environment, climate change, human rights, agriculture and disaster for the upliftment of socio-economic status of poor and disadvantaged people of urban & rural areas of Bangladesh. It also implements the awareness raising program on prevention of women and child trafficking, HIV/AIDS prevention, early marriage, tobacco control and other issues. Prova Society gives special emphasis on women, children, youth and disabled development. Prova Society started to work in social development with a handful potential men and women committed to the causes of development of distressed people, particularly of disadvantaged men, women, children, youth and disabled. It has devoted & energetic professional staffs & volunteers for attaining sustainable development for the target group.
Bangladesh have numerous problems like low literacy, low productivity, natural disaster, lack of gender equality, lack of employment opportunity which combined lead to low income, low health status and poverty. Prova Society has felt need of delivering social services as a catalyst to solve the prevailing problems of the downtrodden people of the country and develop their socioeconomic condition.
By promoting meaningful change in Bangladesh we help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives by taking various Programs/Projects.